Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ian Green Day 3 August 4


         Today I had the feeling a portrait was going to happen. For the last two days I had several inquiries as to the cost of portraits. I think for a lot of folks, its a way to bridge a conversation. People who are genuinely interested in the work, don't often discuss prices, and since I was being paid anyway, I could steer the conversation more towards the process.      
           The weather was perfect. Not too hot. A little breezy with a scattering of clouds and very bright. The cloudscape I had worked on yesterday I could finally see in the light. I was not yet pleased. I thought I might work on it some more inthe better light so I duct taped it up on the wall of the box. It came down with a crash while I was explaining the box. HA! SO I set it up better (I thought) behind me on the lip of the peg-board. It landed on me this time. WOOHOO! So that was the end of that.



Today I was working on a moonlit scene at the beach I had witnessed last summer. My mom stopped by and brought me some old work and we got to picnic in front of the box. A young girl came by and inquired about a portrait. She came back later and I started drawing her on a canvas. It wasn't going well. I switched to paper, changed the pose and started again. People really scrutinize when it comes to painting or drawing people. All the passersby got their rubberneck on. I didn't finish but I think I'll finish it tomorrow. A man said he wanted a portrait tomorrow so we'll see.              

No comments:

Post a Comment